Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Claypot Rice/煲仔飯

Hi, I'm Breeann. You may remember me from such posts as: the one previous to this by several. On this mild Winter evening as I sit alone in front of my keyboard, I would like to share with you (briefly) another dish from Hong Kong. Because I'm a sharing kind of person. No, that's actually a lie. I hate sharing.

Claypot Rice is a dish where rice is cooked inside claypots, traditionally on charcoal stoves. Pre-cooked ingredients such as chicken and Chinese sausage are then added to the pot and left to cook further so that the rice will be able to absorb the flavours of the other ingredients. Often before serving, soy sauce is added and the rice will be stirred through so that everything becomes mixed.

So, "is it nice?" you people may ask me. Of course it is- it's so good I let it have two pictures in the post.


Signing off until the next time I bother to post,
Breeann

No comments:

Post a Comment